Who we are
- Subscribers of our titles
- Visitors to the website
- Customer service requests and email
What we collect
- We will only collect information from you that is relevant to the matter that we are dealing with. We may collect the following information from you which is defined as ‘personal data’:
Name, email address, job title work place.
- We use third-party services: Google, Mailchimp, Hubspot and Convertkit, to house our subscriber data.
Basis for processing
The basis on which we process your personal data is one or more of the following:
- It is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation
- It is in our legitimate interest to do so
- You have given us your consent (this can be withdrawn at any time by advising our Data Protection Officer)
How we use your information
- Update and manage our customer and marketing databases
- Ensure that the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
- If you agree, to receive marketing emails we’ll contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you
- Personalise emails that we send to you, including using your name to address emails to provide relevant content
- Provide relevant social media content
- Carry out market research and analysis
- Administer and improve our website, including trouble-shooting, data analysis, testing, and research
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and deliver relevant advertising to you
- Confirm your identity and to prevent fraud
- Keep our website secure; comply with applicable law; enforce and apply our terms and conditions; protect the rights and property of Wildfire Media, our customers and others
We do not share or sell any subscriber data to third parties for their use unless specifically agreed by yourself in advance. An example of this is when we partner with a brand to host a webinar.
When we will share your data
We may share your data under the following circumstance:
- To business partners, suppliers, subcontractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any contract we enter with you
- To business partners, suppliers and subcontractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any contract we have with them, for example we use a third-party supplier to send marketing emails
- In the event of a competition or promotion where we give you the opportunity to opt-in to news and offers from a third party. If you do opt-in, we will pass the relevant details, typically including your name and email address, to the third party
- To analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, under the protection of a non-disclosure agreement
- If Wildfire Media Ltd, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by the third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- To protect our website from fraud and theft we may pass on personal information that is required to make identity checks and personal information that we obtain from making identity checks (including information relating to your age, name and location), together with account information to organisations, including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation
- In order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wildfire Media Ltd, our customers or others.
You’re right to unsubscribe
If you wish to unsubscribe at any time you may do so by clicking the link at the bottom of any email you receive from us. Alternatively, you can contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that unsubscribing from one email will not unsubscribe you from any others that you may have signed up to. If you wish to unsubscribe from all email contact with us, please get in touch directly. Please allow up to 48 hours to be fully unsubscribed from our database.
When someone visits our website, we use third party service, WordPress and Google Analytics. We use these services to collect visitor behaviour patterns to see how our website is being used by you, the customer. In doing this, we hope to be able to identify areas where, if needed, we can improve the user experience. Any information that we collect will be processed in such a way that will not disclose personal data.